Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Loads of Lycra

I often wonder what a stranger would think if they saw the amount of lycra hanging on our washing line - and most of it is for men!

The pile of lycra that seems to be a permanent fixture on our laundry floor often astounds me but I suppose when so much training is going on it means lots of stinky sweaty clothes.

What I still haven't quite worked out is what the perfect wash cycle is to get rid of the smell and the stains and keep the whites bright!

What I do know about washing lycra is:

1. Wash with gentle detergent.
2. Don't wash too hot or may shrink to baby size.
3. Don't put in anything with velcro - disaster for lycra!
4. Check pockets carefully as either broken bags of GU may give you a sticky wash or your iPod may be forgotten  - our shuffle lasted about one use!


I would call myself an eco-friendly washer as I always use the washing liquids and powders  from my friends range - Solution Living.  Her Lavender Liquid Wash and Eucalyptus Wool Wash  is gentle and the smell seems to over power most of the sweaty odours. There is even an eco-friendly whitener !

HOWEVER I have to admit when it comes to giving the whites a good boost I still can't get past an occasional soak in Napisan and maybe a bit of warm water.... but still the whites are never as bright as when they are new and bike chain grease is tricky!

Any tips would be much appreciated.

No comments: