- LYCRA and in particular washing lycra. The stinky wet mounds seem to be never-ending.
- GEL PACKS and POWDER - sticky and leaking, they are never fun to clean up.
- WATER BOTTLES - where to store them and how to wash the mould out of them.
- BIKES - where to store them and how many do you really need!
- RUNNING SHOES - smelly, wet and how do you dispose of them every six months?
- RACE TOWELS and T-SHIRTS - no more room and do we really need to keep every one for sentimental reasons!
And habits that could drive you even crazier....
- Early alarm clocks most days - need I say more.
- Flipside of above - afternoon kips or Ironman passed out on couch before kids are even in bed
- Shaved legs - think my Ironman shaves more than me!
- Waivering waistlines - only so many times you can get suit pants taken in and back out again.
- Watching race videos - after ten years of watching every Hawaii Ironman race over and over I am feeling quite the expert.
- Pre-race routines - you just pray that nothing has been forgotten
- Race planning - many nights of discussions are in vain if you don't have fast fingers when entries open, and it's back to the drawing board!
- First words out of the mouth post-race 'NEVER AGAIN' - you know that it's the pain talking, then the pain subsides and you know you will be back again!
What could you add to my list?